A On line casino in Enid, OK???.If an Indian tribe, worked through each of the bureaucratic process with the Bureau of Indian Affairs and may build a casino in downtown Enid, would you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos around the state, you almost certainly run into other folks you know from Enid, partaking within the recreation supplied by the casinos. These are the same some people that have left our town and therefore are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping at the stores, eating with the restaurants, and staying in the hotels in the area.
A brief history:
The capacity to run bingo games was among the many concessions built to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person created a bingo game that seemed like a slot machine. We have all seen small digital bingo card on the top corner from the display screen of the slot machine. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos did start to spring up everywhere. After all, you're still playing bingo, just inside a new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact between your tribes along with the State of Oklahoma allowed using Vegas style slot machines, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and much better casinos were built and so are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino can only be built within historic tribal boundaries after which placed in a very trust using the U.S. government. Since Enid doesn't have any casino, is that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it absolutely was found, that prior to Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part of the Cherokee Outlet, occupied from the Cherokee people following Treaty of New Echota and also the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the location was a hunting ground in the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us to be within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive elements of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are delivered to operate tribal governments and programs for its citizens. In addition, a portion from the revenue is split using the State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes make use of the revenues to enhance infrastructure.
3. Related places of interest are built.
4. Jobs are manufactured.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons discovered that over 80 percent from the visitors to casinos were considering also doing something besides gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions including family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian business owners.
10. Casinos give a magnet for outside money that did not previously exist.
11. Local resident who employed to travel outside in the area now stays within the location.
12. More construction jobs are made building casinos.
13. Gambling is an accepted means for governments to improve funds. It is seen as an source of money that is easier to obtain which is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities these businesses showed an increase in profits, attendance, and customers after an online casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more regularly
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative elements of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge about how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes an addiction.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time used on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour huge amount read more of money into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes can also be influencing gambling along with other policies affecting Native Americans by handing quite a bit to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there can be an increase in the following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is named an action addiction. When gambling, those hormones, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles more often, it leads to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, therefore it takes more gambling and stakes, to have the equal high. Recent studies show that video slot gambling lights up the human brain exactly as cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an online casino were to petition arrive at downtown Enid, what can be your opinion? Do you think it could enhance our community or bring social problems organic beef not want to manage?